How to Reclaiming an Impounded Vehicle

If your vehicle:
  • has been issued with a PG9 (Prohibition Notice) because it is not roadworthy, (if it cannot be driven, it must be removed on a recovery vehicle)

  • has been taken off the road for not having a valid MOT or insurance

  • has been impounded due to a crime involving it or taken by Police after an accident or collision

  • has been taken for not having driving license Or for any reason we can collect your collect your vehicle for you.
  • Proof of ownership. You will require your V5C logbook that clearly shows your name and address. In the event you have just bought the vehicle, you will require an unaltered new keeper supplement.

  • Proof of identity in the form of a valid photo ID. This includes a passport, drivers licence, EU national identity card, immigration document or freedom pass. Student or employer ID’s are not acceptable forms of ID.
  • Driving licence. This can include paper versions if accompanied by a passport, EU/EEA photo card, non-EU/EEA with an international driver permit accompanied with a passport or evidence of immigration status and date of UK arrival. If you have surrendered your licence to the police, you will need to bring proof of this along with another form of ID such as your passport

  • Insurance Certificate. If your car was seized through no insurance, then you will require a seized car insurance policy which last for 30 days but will allow you to retrieve your vehicle. An electronic copy on your mobile phone is acceptable and it must declare all materialistic facts such as correct registered keeper details, address, date of birth, occupation. You will also be required to declare pending convictions for the seizure.

It is a serious criminal offence to not declare relevant facts on your insurance and if found to be incorrect will result in you not being able to collect your vehicle.
Some short-term cover or temporary cover may not be a valid form of impound insurance, you will need to check when speaking with the operator and inform them you are needing a policy that will allow you to reclaim your vehicle.
To reclaim a vehicle, you must present payment and original versions of your driving licence, insurance, and proof of entitlement. Anyone collecting the vehicle on your behalf must present payment as well as a letter of authority authorising them to collect on your behalf, driving licence, and proof of entitlement, and valid insurance that permits him or her to drive the vehicle. Car Recovery insurance policy allows us to recover and transport third party vehicles on behalf of their owners from a police or local authority pound.

we will assist you 24/7

Quick Contact

Get Instant Quote

Feel free to contact us with your inquiry you may have by filling the form below or calling us

Get Instant Quote

Feel free to contact us with your inquiry you may have by filling the form below or calling us